Month: April 2014

What do I do if suspect wrongful death?

If you have a loved one that has passed while under medical care, you may want to contact an experience attorney to determine if you have a case for wrongful death.  All the states allow the loved ones of the deceased to file a wrongful death lawsuit if another party’s negligence is involved. Some of the factors that the court will consider when determining the amount of compensation that the loved ones should receive include; the savings of the deceased, the loss of companionship, the level at which the survivors were financially dependent on the deceased and the deceased income. The other factor is the expenses incurred by survivors for funeral costs and the medical costs.